- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Barra Mexicana de Abogados (BMA)
- Law degree, Universidad Anáhuac 2013 (Mención Honorífica).
- Diploma in accounting and finance for lawyers (BMA)
- Diploma in Health and Pharmaceutical Law (BMA)
- Diploma in Federal Administrative Litigation Trial (AMDF)
- Diploma in Amparo Trial (SCJN)
- Academic Excellence Award (Universidad Anáhuac)
- Medal for academic excellence (CENEVAL)
- World Intellectual Property Review WIPR (2022)
- Best Lawyers (2020, 2021 y 2022)
- Leaders League (2020, 2021 y 2022)
- Tops the best lawyers in mexico (2020, 2021 y 2022)
- Magazine Leaders. Los 300
GERARDO ANTONIO MAGAÑA ADAME
For more than 17 years he has worked in all areas and fields of Intellectual Property, dedicating his time, experience and all his work in the search, maintenance, compliance and protection of trademarks, copyrights, patents and each of the assets related to IP for national and foreign clients, in Mexico and internationally.
Her experience includes the maintenance and protection of trade secrets; preparation and negotiation of license contracts and transfer of rights, mergers, acquisitions and commercial transactions involving IP assets; the development of relevant strategies and programs for franchises; managing numerous intellectual property portfolios and implementing custom practices for their maintenance and compliance; strategic and original programs and systems for IP protection through various types of copyright; the creation of creative and first level solutions in all types of litigation, for which he has been recognized in the field by clients and colleagues.
After working for more than ten years in one of the most prestigious intellectual property law firms in Mexico and having carried out professional internships in a well-known firm in Washington, D.C., and being thoroughly familiar with the system and the criteria under which which the big law firms operate, decided to open his own practice and created the firm GM Attorneys At Law, which after a few years, is currently recognized as one of the best IP promises in Mexico.
In recent years, he has worked mainly in judicial, contentious, criminal and enforcement proceedings in matters of commercial image, copyright and patents, as well as domain disputes, unfair competition, nullity, cancellation and infringement actions, through administrative and judicial instances, including amparo and constitutional actions before the Federal Courts and the Supreme Court of Justice.
He has been recognized as one of the youngest leaders in Intellectual Property in Mexico in various specialized publications and magazines.
He has been a speaker at various forums and associations; adjunct professor of Intellectual Property at the Anahuac University; and has written and collaborated on various articles and publications related to intellectual property.